In early 1970 there was only two Medical Colleges in Sindh, one in Karachi and other in Jamshoro. The Prime Minster of Pakistan, Mr. Zulfiqar Ali Bhutto. who belonged to Larkkana city, had the vision that there should be a Medical College in this area and announced a Medical college in the very city with the name of Chandkka Medical College. The college started functioning on 20th April 1973.
The dream of establishing a Medical University in Larkana was fulfilled through announcement by the honorable Chief Minister of Sindh, Syed Qaim Ali Shah at Garhi Khuda Bux Bhutto on 12th April, 2008.
The bill for Shaheed Mohtarma Benazir Bhutto Medical University was presented and unanimously passed by Sindh Assembly on 12th September, 2008.The Act was sent to honorable Governor of Sindh for assent and subsequently the act was notified on 18th October, 2008. The ground-Breaking ceremony of the University was performed by the then President of Islamic Republic of Pakistan Mr. Asif Ali Zardari on 30th December, 2009.A team of Higher Education Commission officials along with Medical Experts visited the University and accredited it.
The University has following constituent colleges and institutions:
Chandka Medical College, Larkana. Ghulam Mohammad Mahar Medical College, Sukkur. Bibi Aseefa Dental College, Larkana. Benazir College of Nursing, SMBBMU, Larkana. Institute of Physiotherapy & Rehabilitation Siences SMBBMU Larkana. Institute of Pharmacy, SMBBMU, Larkana.Basic knowledge is supplemented with latest applied approaches during clinical training including diagnostic and radiological investigations. Comprehensive programs are designed to inculcate self-learning skills and analytical approaches to solve medical problems, ultimately producing young medical professionals capable of delivering effective health services to the masses or undertaking advance studies and research.
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing(4 year Degree program)
- Post RN BSC Nursing (2 year Nursing program)
Eligibility Criteria for BS Nursing
- Qualification: F.Sc. with pre-medical / equivalency (50% Marks)
- Age limit 17 – 35 years
- Domicile: All Districts of Sindh
Eligibility Criteria for Post RN BSc Nursing
- Diploma in General Nursing
- 03 Year Diploma in General Nursing
- 4th year midwifery / 01 Year Specialization
- Valid Registration from Pakistan Nursing Council
- One year post basic clinical experience
- Departmental NOC is mandatory for government employees
- Domicile: All Districts of Sindh
|Province||BSN Generic||BSn Post RN|
|Sindh (Self finance)||03||03|
|Tuition fees per year||18,000/|
|Transport fees per year||5,000/|
|University Affiliation fees||1000/|
|Security Deposit (Refundable)||14,000/|
|Library charges per year||2000/|
|Student fund per year||1000/|
|IT Charges per year||1000/|
|Hostel fees per year||1000/|
|Document verification fees per year||500/|
|ID Card fees per year||500/|
How to Submit Application Form:
candidates are mandatorily required to fill the online form available on admissions smbbmu.edu.pk
Printout of online Application form completely filled along with photo copies of required documents in a file duly attested by 17 or above grade officer should reach Directorate of Admission SMBBMU
Larkana at CMC, Larkana through any courier on or before 31-01-2023 No application shall be received or hand
Write name of course in BLOCK LETTERS on envelope.
- . HSSC-ll/A-Level or equivalent Certificate. Only for BSN Generic.
- Matric Mark Certificate.
- Matric Pacca Certificate
- Father/ Mother on P.1 Form.
- PRC form C’of candidate.
- CNIC/ Form B (for under 18 years candidate)
- CNIC of Father/ Mother /Guardian.
- Six (06) Passport Size photographs
- Valid PNC Registration.
- General Nursing Diploma Pass certificate a Mark sheet.
- One year post basic specialty pass certificate and marksheet.
- Departmental NOC for Government Employees.
- One year clinical experience and Medical fitness Certificate.
- Required Documents from serial # 9-13 are only for BSc Nursing (post RN).
- All Diplomas Final year Mark Certificate must be verified by Concerned Nursing Board.
|Date of Inviting Applications||15-01-2023|
|Entry Test Date||12-02-2023|
- Directorate of Admissions, SMBB Medical University Larkana.
- phone# +(92) 074-4752760
- fax. 074-9410511