Table of Contents
What is PNC?
PNC was established in 1948.The PNC (Pakistan Nursing Council) is a regulatory body established under the Pakistan Nursing Council Act (1952, 1973) and make it to register (license) Nurses, Midwives CMW, Lady Health Visitors (LHVs) and Nursing Auxiliaries to practice in Pakistan.The aims of PNC also include monitoring for implementation of national standards in Nursing, Health Visitors and Midwifery education and practice by providing Registration and arranging educational opportunities for registered member.Pakistan Nursing Council, as significant participant in the health care delivery system in the country is dedicated to provide support for the professional development and competencies of those who study Nursing, Lady Health Visitors and Midwifery.
- Pakistan Nursing Council plays important role for the overall benefit of Nurses, Midwives, LHVs and all nurses in the whole country.
- Pakistan Nursing Council also play an important role for the both Federal and Provincial governments regarding nursing education.
- PNC Pakistan Nursing Council communicates policy decisions regarding nursing education and the welfare of nurses, taken in Council meetings, to Governments, Nursing Institutions, NEBs and Armed Forces Nursing Services for implementation.
- PNC also provides registration to practice.
- PNC may also maintains standards of good education and practice.
- PNC works closely with the four provincial Nursing Examination Boards (NEBs).
Requirements in Pakistan:
- Processing fee PAK Rs.1000/-
- Application form for verification of Registration.
- Letter or Verificaction form or email print with complete address of the Hospital or any organization where your verification is needed to be sent.
- Photocopy of student PNC registration Card and all Nursing, Midwifery, LHV, Post Basic Diplomas,Degrees also required.
Requirements for Other countries:
- Application form for verification of Registration/Good Standing Certificate
- Processing fee PAK Rs.10000/-
- Verification form or email print with complete address of the council or organization where your verification is needed to be sent.
- Photocopy of your PNC registration Card and all Nursing, Midwifery, LHV, Post Basic Diplomas and Degrees programs.
Process PNC verification application for NMC UK:
NMC UK is Nursing and Midwifery Council. NMC UK are sending us verification request of PNC registered nursing professionals but due to non-fulfillment of the requirement of PNC verification process majority cases are in pending. In this context all nursing professionals who had applied for registration of NMC UK are advised to immediately apply for PNC registration verification process as prescribed above. PNC (Pakistan Nursing Council) will not process the NMC cases unless the requirements are fulfilled.
Those Institutes which are registered with PNC (Pakistan Nursing Council) has admissions criteria that PNC required. A candidate that want to take admission in Nursing Program should check the Eligibility Criteria Required by PNC. Eligibility criteria is given below which is required by PNC.
Eligibility Criteria for Degree Programs:
There are Three Degree programs in Nursing registered by nursing council.
- BS Nursing Generic (4 years degree program)
- Post RN BS Nursing (2 years degree program)
- Masters of Science in Nursing (Two Years Degree Program)
Eligibility Criteria for BS Nursing Generic:
- Metric with science (Physics, Biology, Chemistry as compulsory subjects) with minimum 50% marks.
- FSc pre Medical with minimum 50% marks.
- Age: 14-35 years.
Eligibility Criteria for Post RN(2 years program)
- Diploma in General Nursing.
- Diploma in Midwifery/Post Basic Specialization for males in lieu of midwifery Diploma.
- Pakistan Nursing Council PNC valid registration card/License.
- Minimum experience of 1 year as Registered Nurse.
Eligibility Criteria for MSN (Two year Degree Program)
12 Years schooling (Matric + FSc Pre Medical with minimum 50 % marks)
04 Year Generic BSN Nursing Degree registered with PNC.
01 year internship.
01 Year experience as RN after Generic BSN (clinical include inpatient and outpatient in primary and tertiary care) except 1 Year Experience for admission in MSN.
Eligibility Criteria for Diploma Programs:
There are three basic Diploma programs Registered by PNC. Lets check the Eligibility Criteria for Diploma programs.
- Lady Health Visitor LHV (2 Year Diploma program)
- Certified Nursing Assistant CNA (2 year Diploma program)
- Community Midwifery (2 year Diploma program)
Eligibility Criteria for Lady Health Visitor LHV
Applicant must meet one of the following academic level:
FSc (Pre-Medical) with 45% marks minimum (Physics, Chemistry & Biology as compulsory subjects)
Matric (Science) with 45 % marks minimum (Physics, Chemistry & Biology as compulsory subjects) ·
Age Limit: 14-35 years.
Eligibility Criteria for Certified Nursing Assistant CNA
- FSc (Pre-Medical) with 45% marks minimum (Physics, Chemistry & Biology as compulsory subjects).
- Matriculation with minimum 45% Marks in Biology, Chemistry, & Physics.
- Matriculation in Arts with minimum 50% Marks.
- Age limit: 14-35 Years
Eligibility Criteria for Community Midwifery CMW
- Matriculation with minimum 45% Marks in Biology, Chemistry, & Physics
- Matriculation in Arts with minimum 50% Marks
- Age limit: 14-35 Years
National Institute of Health,Park Road,Chak Shehzad,Islamabad, Pakistan
Land Line +92-51-9255813 / Help Line +92-51-9255805
Tele Fax: +92-51-9255097
Email: [email protected]