Saifee Burhani is one pristine school of nursing that’s serving Pakistan. The institute has given some of the brightest medical professionals in the country that are doing some groundbreaking work. Many aspirants look up to the institute each year to become a part of it and get a bright future by joining the nursing programs offered by Saifee Burhani School.
This article shall provide in-depth guidance regarding admission to the Saifee Burhani School of Nursing. Hopefully, all your questions about the admission process and the fee structure shall be answered via this guide. So let’s begin right away with the admission guide:
The general policy
The general policy for the Saifee Burhani school is stated as under. This implies to all the students of the institution regardless of their program.
- There are 2 separate fees that the students will have to pay for the enrolment and examination, respectively. Both shall be announced as per the instructions by PNC/DUHS.
- Charges for the physical examination will have to be paid before the orientation classes.
- A non-refundable application fee of 1500 rupees will have to be paid.
- All the one-time charges are to be paid before the session commences
- Installment options are available for tuition and hostel fee; students can choose to pay them bi-annually or monthly depending upon their preference.
- Students will have to pay the convocation charges when the event is organized.
Hostels are available for outstation students and others who wish to avail the facility. Charges for hostel accommodation are 10,000 rupees. The hostels offer the following facilities to those who’d like to sign up for that option:
- Shared bedrooms.
- Fan shall be provided
- Electricity is available
- The hostel has a mess as well
Applications for hostel accommodation can be submitted physically or online.
The two types of nursing programs offered by Saifee Burhani School of Nursing
Now that we know about the general policies and the hostel accommodation offered by the institution let’s discuss the nursing programs.
Saifee Burhani offers 2 types of nursing programs:
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN) Generic
- Post RN-BSN
Down below, we shall discuss both of them individually.
Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN) Generic
This is a four-year program. Students can practice nursing once they successfully get through this program. Those who wish to apply must to this must know and fit right with the following eligibility criteria:
- You must have a complete Fsc in Pre-medical and have a percentage of 50 or above in the science subjects (Chem, Phy, Bio).
- The age limit for applying to the program is 14-25 years.
- This program isn’t gender-restricted and is open to both males and females.
Following is what should be expected by the aspirants that wish to study the program:
There are 3 components that each candidate needs to clear successfully to get into the program
- 100 MCQs to test a candidate’s competence in Maths, English, Science, and General Knowledge.
- Interview if the candidate successfully clears the test.
- Medical test after the interview is cleared.
Once the candidate makes it through all these, they can choose to be a part of the nursing program of the Saifee Burhani school.
|Admission fee||One time||70,000|
|Security deposit (refundable)||One time||8,500|
|Student fund Academic charges||Annual||3,500|
|Tuition fee||Per annum||168,000|
To get into this program, you need to meet the following eligibility criteria:
- You should have done Matriculation successfully with science(bio, phy, chem) as compulsory subjects.
- Diploma in Nursing
- Diploma in Midwifery
With all that, you need to have at least a year’s experience as RN. Your Pakistan Nursing Council (PNC) registration should be valid with all entries of professional qualifications.
Admission Process and Fee Structure
To get into the program, you need to go through 3 stages:
- Sit for an admission test where you’ll be attempting 100 multiple choice questions to prove your merit. Following are the sections that are carefully designed to assess the applicants’ caliber:
- Nursing Knowledge
- Logical Reasoning
- Medical Test
- Once the test is done, successful candidates are called for an interview.
- Those who clear the interview appear for a medical test where their health is assessed.
|Tuition free pen annum||152,000|
The last date for submitting the forms is October 23rd, 2021.
The test shall be held on Saturday 30th, 2021.